I'm getting paid for this!?
Here's some pics from a recent mission. We're rebuilding roads all over the country. This is a great success story because a year or two ago, this area was producing prolific quantities of opium and marijuana. Now all the green fields you see are wheat, and the villagers love us. We were doing an inspection on a road building project and they gave us chai and naan. We chatted and discussed the road.
A side topic, on one of the other sites today, when I opened the HWWMV door, I was immediately assaulted with the overpowering pungent stank of ridiculous amounts of pot. I went to college, and I've walked into some smoke filled rooms (and immediately left) but this was a whole new level...the whole village smelled like a grateful dead concert or a Colorado ski gondola.
But this is the most gorgeous place I've ever seen. We go on long drives on 4wd roads (we actually caught about 2' of air in our 10000lb uparmored HWWMV today, seriously, and all 4 tires), we drive in rivers, have meeting with village elders that give us the most amazing tea I've ever tasted and fresh baked naan that is indescribable, watch free airshows that scare 8 year old boys with their barnstorming antics, we design and build roads, schools, mosques, clinics, wells, hydroelectric dams (and see the immediate effects)...and we get paid for it!
I love this job.





A side topic, on one of the other sites today, when I opened the HWWMV door, I was immediately assaulted with the overpowering pungent stank of ridiculous amounts of pot. I went to college, and I've walked into some smoke filled rooms (and immediately left) but this was a whole new level...the whole village smelled like a grateful dead concert or a Colorado ski gondola.
But this is the most gorgeous place I've ever seen. We go on long drives on 4wd roads (we actually caught about 2' of air in our 10000lb uparmored HWWMV today, seriously, and all 4 tires), we drive in rivers, have meeting with village elders that give us the most amazing tea I've ever tasted and fresh baked naan that is indescribable, watch free airshows that scare 8 year old boys with their barnstorming antics, we design and build roads, schools, mosques, clinics, wells, hydroelectric dams (and see the immediate effects)...and we get paid for it!
I love this job.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home