an hour off!
Wow, I get an hour off. That's pretty awesome because our schedule has been jam packed from 5am to 10pm every day. Our psuedo-free time is from 10pm to when we go to sleep, so I'm usually up till midnight fixing gear, creating slides, organizing schedules and other operational details. If I have time, I'll make a call home.
We had a road march with our kit this morning and we finished at 645, I've already showered and our first class isn't until 9am! So I'm doing laundry for the first time and maybe going to spend more than 5 minutes eating.
Some of the guys here are getting sick, not sniffle sick, but TB-hacking sick.
I was actually worried that one of the guys had a pleural effusion or ruptured lung, but he's just had some mucus that needed to be cleared out; which he finally did after racking the bay with his echoing wet coughs.
I'm feeling better than ever, PT is really helping me and I'm not taking any form of caffeine, even coffee. I'm drinking 2 glasses of orange juice with every meal, additionally I drink at least 4 liters of water a day. "Za de chai zawab te zam" or "I have to answer to the tea" (Pashto) every hour, but I'm not sick.
Tonight is our last language class and we're all excited, the reason is that our language classes have been every night from 6-9pm. After tomorrow, classes will be done after 5pm every day. We'll still have other things to do to prep for the other 1100 guys coming in Jan, but at least we'll have time to prep for once.
We had a road march with our kit this morning and we finished at 645, I've already showered and our first class isn't until 9am! So I'm doing laundry for the first time and maybe going to spend more than 5 minutes eating.
Some of the guys here are getting sick, not sniffle sick, but TB-hacking sick.
I was actually worried that one of the guys had a pleural effusion or ruptured lung, but he's just had some mucus that needed to be cleared out; which he finally did after racking the bay with his echoing wet coughs.
I'm feeling better than ever, PT is really helping me and I'm not taking any form of caffeine, even coffee. I'm drinking 2 glasses of orange juice with every meal, additionally I drink at least 4 liters of water a day. "Za de chai zawab te zam" or "I have to answer to the tea" (Pashto) every hour, but I'm not sick.
Tonight is our last language class and we're all excited, the reason is that our language classes have been every night from 6-9pm. After tomorrow, classes will be done after 5pm every day. We'll still have other things to do to prep for the other 1100 guys coming in Jan, but at least we'll have time to prep for once.


1 Comments:
sah-weet! (english for cool). haha
By
The Spicy Chickadee, at 10:27 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home