More stuff
They keep giving us stuff, and there's another issue tomorrow. A Navy guy was joking that the Navy sails around the world and they ride around in their home, but the Army carries its home on it's back.
So far I've gotten 3 large duffles full of clothes, 3 pairs of boots, 2 backpacks, 2 camelpacks, lots of pouches for tactical vests, a gerber multitool, 2 sets of goggles and even for gadgets and gear.
We did a short ruck today, only about 3 miles; but we did it in 45 minutes. It's the first hike some people have done with boots. The boss realized I had EMT experience so I get to brief everyone on blisters. I also get to brief on other medical stuff. We'll have docs, PA, and med techs with us but they're not here yet.
I'm hoping if I'm not to busy doing reconstruction projects, the docs will let me go on medical missions where we go to some random village and do a quick clinic for a day and treat anything you can imagine. Here's a story on a past MEDCAP describing the details. http://www.bagram.afnews.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123030894
I need to go to bed.


1 Comments:
it's about time you got some new boots. i finally found one of your two pairs. the packers stuffed them in a box with my wedding veil, gloves, our snowboard boots and labeled it "christmas decorations". not the brightest crayons in the box.
By
The Spicy Chickadee, at 12:25 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home