courting in Kabul...
Yup..it's pretty obvious. I met some one in Afghanistan a few weeks ago and we're getting along really really well. Do you know how hard it is to try to date someone in a combat-zone? There's so many security restrictions to keep us safe but they make getting around the city very hard...going out to dinner? out...going to see a movie? out...seeing each other whenever we want? out...going to get a coffee? out...seeing each other after the sun goes down? out...seeing each other for lunch? out...seeing each other for a 2 hour period once or twice a week? maybe...email and cell phone communication? priceless
In addition, people can only travel in groups, so if we do want to meet we have our friends gawking at both of us...cooing at how cute the situation is...very difficult to have a serious conversation with her as numerous "chaperones" surround us. But i want to try, she is really really really (alot of really's) amazing in so many ways. I won't be cheesy and make everyone gag, I'm a burly man's man with the chest puffing and stuff...none of that girly stuff on my blog site. My site is about bulldozers, cutting and welding big chunks of steel, avoiding IEDs, building a country and the daily struggles, manly hero stuff. LOL. But she started another blog with all the sappy stuff. I know she thinks way too much of me...you, my true audience know what a calculator waving dork I am :)
But it is pretty romantic...all the bonus struggles we have to go through...all the extra worries we have compared to others in the world...i guess it would make a cute screenplay.
Oh well, wish us luck and please pray for her safety.
charlie mike
In addition, people can only travel in groups, so if we do want to meet we have our friends gawking at both of us...cooing at how cute the situation is...very difficult to have a serious conversation with her as numerous "chaperones" surround us. But i want to try, she is really really really (alot of really's) amazing in so many ways. I won't be cheesy and make everyone gag, I'm a burly man's man with the chest puffing and stuff...none of that girly stuff on my blog site. My site is about bulldozers, cutting and welding big chunks of steel, avoiding IEDs, building a country and the daily struggles, manly hero stuff. LOL. But she started another blog with all the sappy stuff. I know she thinks way too much of me...you, my true audience know what a calculator waving dork I am :)
But it is pretty romantic...all the bonus struggles we have to go through...all the extra worries we have compared to others in the world...i guess it would make a cute screenplay.
Oh well, wish us luck and please pray for her safety.
charlie mike


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home