Everythings ok...right?
Grrrr...I know I'm going on a tangent, but I gotta mention this. I believe there are guidances that should be obeyed. I believe in the values clearly stated during the Sermon on the Mount...and everything in the New Testament. Some may think those values are archaic and diminish our freedoms to do what ever we want...but not everything is beneficial. Values and rules have reasons. Parents tell their kids not to touch a hot stove because it will burn them, not to reduce their children's individual liberties. So this whole sliding and graying of values (that everything is ok or if it feels good, do it) really irks me. Before you know it, society has fallen into a decrepit state where anything goes. I wonder if the people of Sodom and Gomorrah would be shocked by the behavior of some cities today. Morality is not subjective, it's very clearly stated what is right and what is wrong; but it's not politically correct to enforce "values", so what is ok by today's standard is constantly being stretched and warped. Before you know it, despicable things are legal. So when I saw this story , I wasn't surprised. Europe has been much more "progressive" than the "religiously rigid" Americans. In many European stores, vast quantities pornos are next to children’s reading books. But I still respect these people despite their behaviors. I have good friends that are gay, sleep around, or do drugs; I may gently criticize and debate their behaviors with them, but I still love them and respect them as fellow human beings, but I'm a bad guy because I reveal "my personal values". This is a whole can of worms, individual freedoms versus values, and anyone who states values is usally a hypocrite (and I know I have a huge log in my eye). Oh well, I guess I'll just lock myself away from the rest of the world and become more and more fringe in their eyes.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home