no hot water :(
I miss hot water! Not just tepid water, but hot steaming water. Most of the water lines have been frozen for the last week or two, so we’ve had to resort to bottled water for everything. The sinks and showers don't work; if they do they sporadically shoot out pulses of cold water with bonus chunks of ice, so showers suck. That first morning was harsh...trudging from my cold room to bathroom, expecting hot water and get drenched in icy water chunks. After that fun experience I've been taking baby wipe baths. Shaving is fun too; I've had to shave with icy bottle water for the past week. But I figured out last night that if you sleep with a water bottle under your bed sheets, you have a bottle of non frozen water to shave with in the morning! I heard one of the water heaters was repaired, but its only 150 liter heater...for 100+ people. So a few lucky people have a hot shower for a few minutes, the rest are outta luck. The past few days have been really cold, and there's no heat in my office. My heater died 3 days ago and now there's 2 foot icicles hanging from it. Somebody said the low temp was -16 degrees F yesterday, the high got up to 5 degrees F....but I doubt it was that cold. The insides of the building are around 40 degrees from body and computer heat. People in my office have burned up 5 or 6 portable transformers from excess electrial load from portable heaters. Man...it's been a fun year, summer at 140 degrees with 75% humidity...and now it's just cold. I thought I could feel the hair follicles in my head ache from the cold. Our office microwave is constantly nuking cups of hot water and everyone is drinking a ridiculous amount of hot cocoa or tea. I’m so glad we have power. And the forcast says it will warm up in the next few days and spring is only a few weeks away.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home