from 42 Sierra X-Ray

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Where are my car keys?

Yes, this is like the 3rd post today, but I just moved all my old posts to here from Geocities and I may as well waste the rest of the day blogging.
Where are my car keys and cell phone? It may not matter right now, but in two or three months I'm going to fly back to Colorado and be hosed. I always meant to make a copy of my car key, but I never got around to it...I think I took my keys and cell phone to Afghanistan...but I can't find them. I'm not too worried about my phone, I can always buy another one and just get everyones phone numbers...but what do you do when you lose your only copy of your keys? I should probably worry about work or pertinant stuff, but my mind is spinning around this. Will any auto repair guy be able to make me a new key? Will I have to recore the locks on my car? Will that be expensive? My car will have been sitting in a storage unit for a couple months by the time I get back so I'll probably have to tow it to a repair shop anyways...
oh well, I'll figure it out when I get back...no...i'll probably be to hung over ;)

2 Comments:

  • Hey....it's theresa....
    Well, it could be worse....you COULD have been a dumbass and broken your only copy of the key off IN the ignition of the car. (I'm not saying I did that recently, because of course I'm not stupid enough to not make a copy of my key....). And your key COULD have a little chip in it so that it'll cost you almost $300 for them to change the keys and the ignition switch thingie.
    Oh, well....there's a good side to this. until I get it fixed, I can still put the other half of the key in and start the car just fine.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:50 PM  

  • Wow kiddo...that really sucks. But I done outsmarted myself again, one of my friends in Colorado reminded me that I gave her my keys before I left. But lots of people said you can take your VIN, year and make to a dealer and they can make you a key for $10.

    By Blogger Mike, at 2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home