from 42 Sierra X-Ray

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

food induced drowsiness

I'm so tired. The past few days have been really really hectic. Work is picking up alot lately. We're doing alot of really good things right now...but we're starting some programs that will help Afghanistan 10 years or further down the road. I can't really say what because it's all in the planning stages but they would definitely help Afghanistan move up from its 3rd world status.
I'm also tired because I just had a burrito, pizza pocket, philly cheese steak, french fries and 2 cokes for lunch...the anti-Atkins diet. In addition, somebody sent us a care package containing the world's most potent sleep elixir...Nestle Butterfinger, chocolatey, peanut-buttery, hot cocoa mix. Insulin just dumped into my system after that surge of blood sugar...soooo very tired, must not fall asleep and be found drooling on my keyboard.
Other than work and my atrocious diet, another thing has been on my mind that leaves me excited and not as able to sleep at night as I lay in bed. But last night I completely zonked out, but was awaken by good ole snoring roommate around 3am :) I hopped out of bed, went to the bathroom and forcefully crawled back into my top bunk...shaking the bed frame so it would squeak really loud, hopefully waking up my roommate, forcing him to roll over and stop snoring. But great plans don't always work, after 30 seconds of tossing and turning in bed/squeaking...I gave up. I woke up everybody in my room BUT him. I think one guy threw a sock at me...not sure, maybe the dirty sock fairy gave me a visit. So I found my earplugs and crawled under the covers. It was cold for that first minute or two until I warmed up the bed! I guess I'm getting used to being able to see my breath reflect the moonlight INSIDE a building. Waking up is hard to do...why is that I'm never really sleepy until I have to get out of bed? I'm tired when I go to bed, but not sleepy...I'm only sleepy when I wake up. But I woke up and saw that it snowed again last night...I think it's snowed everyday for the past 2 or 3 weeks, but for some reason it never builds more than a foot on the ground...it doesn't get hot enough to melt...kinda mysterious, it seems like its snowed a couple feet cumulatively the past two weeks. Oh well, must be productive and get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home