yeah...it's been a while
Hey all,
Yes, its been a while. The past 2 weeks have been really crazy and fast. I finally started to slow down this week and actually enjoy my time off. In my first 7 days in Colorado, i spent 5 skiing...which equals almost 25 hours driving...ick. I love colorado springs, but the drive is annoying. Gas prices went up alot in a year...from 1.65/gallon to 2.30/gallon...yuck. I'm spending 30 bucks a ski trip on just gas. I also learned to ski, i usuallly just snowboard, but skiing is fun! You have 2 edges, i am no longer afraid of ice, but i am now reafraid of steep hills. Its funny, i'd usually bomb down some of these slopes on a snowboard, and throw in jumps and stuff....but on the same slope on skis...i'm really really slow.
I also got a new apartment and spend a rediculous amount of money in getting stuff like a bed and the stuff that goes in a house. Yesterday i woke up at 1130am, then made lunch, then took a nap from 1230 until 3pm. Then emailed Katie, then ran a few miles, then met some friends that live in the same aparment complex as me and hung out. That's super cool, living next door to friends, you can have alone time when ever you want it, and you can hang out with friends when ever you want it...it's kinda like "Friends" on TV. I was back in bed by 9pm. I like sleep, i like sleeping in a warm room, i like waking up and being able to use a toilet, i love my big queen sized bed with warm flannel sheets, i like being able to drink tap water, i like being able to drive alone after the sun goes down...i like America.
I'll stop bragging now because i still have friends in Ktown and Btown that are gutting it out. Some of them are in Dubai right now on holiday, lucky guys, the sun is out here, but the temp is still around 40 degrees, its probably in the 80s there....and they have a beach. Oh well, i guess i'll go skiing this friday and saturday with friends. One of my friends has a barbeque/campfire in his backyard this saturday night. Yeah for weekends, yeah for 2 weeks off, yeah for sleeping 18 hours a day!!! But I'll be really excited when her vacation ends so i can selfishly talk to her on the phone...grr for 50 cents a minute, but yeah for phones that can still link us around the world.
Yes, its been a while. The past 2 weeks have been really crazy and fast. I finally started to slow down this week and actually enjoy my time off. In my first 7 days in Colorado, i spent 5 skiing...which equals almost 25 hours driving...ick. I love colorado springs, but the drive is annoying. Gas prices went up alot in a year...from 1.65/gallon to 2.30/gallon...yuck. I'm spending 30 bucks a ski trip on just gas. I also learned to ski, i usuallly just snowboard, but skiing is fun! You have 2 edges, i am no longer afraid of ice, but i am now reafraid of steep hills. Its funny, i'd usually bomb down some of these slopes on a snowboard, and throw in jumps and stuff....but on the same slope on skis...i'm really really slow.
I also got a new apartment and spend a rediculous amount of money in getting stuff like a bed and the stuff that goes in a house. Yesterday i woke up at 1130am, then made lunch, then took a nap from 1230 until 3pm. Then emailed Katie, then ran a few miles, then met some friends that live in the same aparment complex as me and hung out. That's super cool, living next door to friends, you can have alone time when ever you want it, and you can hang out with friends when ever you want it...it's kinda like "Friends" on TV. I was back in bed by 9pm. I like sleep, i like sleeping in a warm room, i like waking up and being able to use a toilet, i love my big queen sized bed with warm flannel sheets, i like being able to drink tap water, i like being able to drive alone after the sun goes down...i like America.
I'll stop bragging now because i still have friends in Ktown and Btown that are gutting it out. Some of them are in Dubai right now on holiday, lucky guys, the sun is out here, but the temp is still around 40 degrees, its probably in the 80s there....and they have a beach. Oh well, i guess i'll go skiing this friday and saturday with friends. One of my friends has a barbeque/campfire in his backyard this saturday night. Yeah for weekends, yeah for 2 weeks off, yeah for sleeping 18 hours a day!!! But I'll be really excited when her vacation ends so i can selfishly talk to her on the phone...grr for 50 cents a minute, but yeah for phones that can still link us around the world.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home