last post from Afghanistan
This should be my last post from Kabul. I'm leaving pretty soon and my internet/email accounts are being closed in about an hour. I just wanted to say how awesome this experience has been. As I walked around today, I said goodbye to alot of people. I've been so blessed to have had this opportunity to come here and help. I chatted with some members of Refuge for a while. I had so much joy playing with them, it was one of the coolest experiences of my life.
I didn't want to come here...I really didn't want to come. It wasn't part of my plan, but someone had a better plan and I see than now. I've gained so much here...I'm ready to go back to Colorado, I'd be lying if I said otherwise. While part of me wants to stay, I feel like I've done a good amount in my shorttime here and now its time for me to move on to other things, turn the page to another chapter and stuff. While I'm going back, there are some good people that will still be here and they will continue to need constant prayer for their protection and sanity.
I'll miss alot of people, but one in particular...the next few months will be difficult. Strange how things work out, but I wouldn't want it any other way. I really look forward to that day in June...
I didn't want to come here...I really didn't want to come. It wasn't part of my plan, but someone had a better plan and I see than now. I've gained so much here...I'm ready to go back to Colorado, I'd be lying if I said otherwise. While part of me wants to stay, I feel like I've done a good amount in my shorttime here and now its time for me to move on to other things, turn the page to another chapter and stuff. While I'm going back, there are some good people that will still be here and they will continue to need constant prayer for their protection and sanity.
I'll miss alot of people, but one in particular...the next few months will be difficult. Strange how things work out, but I wouldn't want it any other way. I really look forward to that day in June...


1 Comments:
me, too. June can't come fast enough...
By
The Spicy Chickadee, at 7:18 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home