from 42 Sierra X-Ray

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

New toys


I finally got fed up with nickel and diming my Jetta, and not having any ground clearance or 4WD or ABS...so I traded it in for a new truck. Yup I bought a 2005 Tacoma w/ access (extended) cab. It's soooo burly and cool. It's a V6 with a 4.0 Liter engine...a tad stronger than my old 2 point slow.
It's also a 6 speed standard, but I've never gotten to 6th yet. I was going 85 in 5th at 2800RPM.
250 horses of Nipponese power with tons of ground clearance and 4WD.
The coolest part is that it actually gets better mileage than my Jetta! Well, I need to explain this...my jetta without the roof rack would get around 27MPG, but with a roof rack and snowboards I'd get around 21MPG, drag sucks. The Tacoma gets around 24 MPG. Pretty sweet huh? A big V6 truck with good mileage? And hopefully this thing won't break for a while, its got a 7 year - 70,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty.
And with my saved up combat pay, I paid off half of it with the downpayment, and I should be able to pay off the rest in a year. I did an amortization schedule to figure out how to minimize my interest payments...here's a tip, pay a huge chunk the first month...3.9% interest off $12,000 is alot less than 3.9% of $25,000, then pay the remainder in a fraction of the period alloted for the loan...you save thousands. See MBA's are worth something...if I do this I can save $2500 in interest.

fun fun fun

btw...my truck is not red. it's silver colored...desert sand mica according to Toyota

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home