...sooo early
I should be sleeping soundly right now, but my roommate was in super rare form...i had to get out. I was awoken around 230 and reached for my earplugs, but i bumped them off and they fell into the darkness. I crawled down from my top bunk, desperately searching on the dark floor, but alas, they were no where to be found...i laid back in bed, the vibrations were shaking my brain making it impossible for me to sleep. Then the pain started, an icepick starting from my eardrums, wrapping around the right inside layer of my skull, jabbing into the back of my right eye...each thunderous vibration from this old man's palate sent reverberating stabbings of echoing pain throughout my head, i started to feel nauseous. I don't know what a migraine is...i don't know if incessant snoring can cause one, but I had to leave. After 2 hours of misery, i got out of bed, and walked to my office...it's biting cold this morning, the guards are so wrapped up they waddle like the little brother from "A Christmas Story", but they're carrying AK-47s and they're festooned with ammo and grenades...the roar of generators and lightalls carries so much farther in the early cold, the ice crystals from my breath glisten as bright as the stars, almost as bright as her eyes...the icy snow crunches and squeaks under my boots. At my office it's almost 5am, the room envelopes me, welcoming me like a warm cocoon; it's so quiet here, all i hear is the gentle toasty hum of the heater...should i sleep at my desk for thirty minutes or get some extra work in? I'm hungry...i'll eat some jalapeno potato chips my mom mailed me.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home