Afghanistanitis
When I first got here, they were having a going away awards ceremony. One of the guys was talking about Afghanistanitis...a feeling that you can't leave, that there's still too much work to do, that you're worried what will happen here when you leave. Yup, I got a bad case of it. There's so many cool things happening here and so many unique opportunities.
I just had coffee with a couple Italian and Turkish officers and chatted with them about stuff for a while. There's a little coffee shop here that has super double mocha latte's. And the backdrop is the snow covered Paghman and Mahepar mountains which are only a couple kilometers from here...both blow Pikes Peak away in beauty. It's kinda like being in Bavaria because there's so many different cultures here and it's awesome to learn about their different backgrounds...with the mountains.
I just had coffee with a couple Italian and Turkish officers and chatted with them about stuff for a while. There's a little coffee shop here that has super double mocha latte's. And the backdrop is the snow covered Paghman and Mahepar mountains which are only a couple kilometers from here...both blow Pikes Peak away in beauty. It's kinda like being in Bavaria because there's so many different cultures here and it's awesome to learn about their different backgrounds...with the mountains.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home