from 42 Sierra X-Ray

Friday, February 18, 2005

"Westside" stories



From Elaine out on the "westside" of Afghanistan :

Sorry I haven’t written – it has been a whirlwind of activity … so many stories to tell.
Here are some photos … me in front or 60 Tons of ammo that I got push the button on the detonator on, people scrambling in the remnants of the exploded ordnances minutes after detonation to grab scrap metal … very dangerous – especially if something failed to go off.

Here is a photo I shot of President Karzai when he rolled through Herat on the way back from Iran.

1 Comments:

  • Mike - Happy Birthday from all your friends and coworkers here at Peterson. We are all looking forward to your return. Thanks for sharing your experiences in Afghanistan with us. Leave it to you to make it a nice place to be.

    Still plenty of snow for you to ride on when you get back, and a couple of new climbing areas waiting for your expertise.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home