I have been reading a good bit on my free time, authors like Oscar Wilde, Hawthorne, Fitzgerald, Chaucer, Bradstreet; I leafed through their works in school, but never more than a cursory glance, enough to pass without learning. But I'm rereading the literature that our educational system forces down the throats of the unwilling and now finding great satisfaction in this activity. This has led me to Rilke, Milton, Tolstoy and Dostoevsky. I'm currently reading a couple of their epic books at the same time because I keep finding these passages, golden nuggets that reverberate through time. I'm also reading some books by Kay Arthur, C.S. Lewis and John Eldredge. I've become engrossed in the literary world; this is strange, that the son of a librarian who grew up surrounded with books would not become captivated by endless stories, but perhaps it's more normal than I think, that it's normal to deviate from parental paths in silent polite rebellion, or it could be that video games and sports provide spontaneous entertainment gratifying the ephemeral, fleeting desires of squirrelly children. And I haven't had a drop of alcohol in 3 months, prior to that I had maybe 3 beers in the 4 previous months, maybe my neural cells are regenerating...and I beat FFX, Tidus was an arrogant chump, Yuna needs to get over him.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home