Wow...Colorado is a cool state, I love this place. Last week I visited a friends up in Rocky Mountain National Park. The aspens looked like golden rivers flowing down the valleys on the mountain sides. It also snowed a couple inches and I actually saw the snowline! Above the snowline (approx 9500') everything was covered in snow, and below it everything was green or golden or granite that was reflecting the sun! The line was so sharp and distinct...really pretty. And the stars here are super bright because were way above sea level so theres 8000 less feet of atmosphere to look through. I also got to go to the climbing gym a few times...soooo weak, I was flailing on a 9- on Monday, but by Thursday I was back on 11's. I've been here for a little less than 2 weeks but I'm still not used to the altitude. I can jog a couple miles but anything that is really intense quickly wears me out and makes me dizzy and icky feeling. I'm supposed to go camping Sunday night and climb at Tanner on Monday (Columbus Day), but my non-fun beeper went off today (friday)...hooray. So I'm working 6pm-6am shifts for the unforseeable future. That's an anoying way to start off a three day weekend. I was hoping to go to dinner with some friends tonight and I was also hoping to do habitat with Woodman on Saturday morning, but i'll probably want to go to bed when I get off work. Oh well, this gives me time to slow down and get some reading and study in. I guess I have been slipping a bit on stuff. Must get back that Kay Arthur book. laters


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home