blah blah blah
I got one job offer :)
It was at Pierce County just south of Seattle. I actually was superbummed because I didn't get the job I interviewed for, but they called me a few days later and said they had a new opening and wanted me to fill it vs them going through the rigarmorole of posting the opening. That county has Mt Ranier and Crystal Mountain in it. Crystal Mtn is as big as Breck but it gets an additional 130 inches of snow a year...sweet.
And as Katie and I violated one of my doctors orders by snowboarding...we didn't quite make it to Summit County. A sedan isn't too great on icy mountain roads, so since we were in the Denver area I bought a new truck. Yup, nothing better than buying a brand new truck when your changing jobs. But I figured out that a 12' Uhaul trailer is $300 one way from Mesa, AZ to Tacoma, WA and a 12' Uhaul truck costs $1500. So I bought a $28,000 truck to save $1,200.
I've been working for the Government too long. But its a 4WD 4 door Tundra with a 6' bed. 4.7 liter V8 w/ 300hp...i looked on line and it should have cost me $36,000...dealer must have thought Katie was pretty, he kept asking what color we wanted and ended cutting 8k off the price.
...Serenity comes out on DVD in 8 days...
I'm flying to Seattle and Portland next week for 3 more job interviews, I just did one phone interview and probably should schedule another one but I haven't gotten back to the dude yet. But not bad, 1 interview and one rejection and one offer. So now I have the power to ask for more money:)
But we'd rather be in Tacoma vs the insane citylife traffic of Seattle. We can live near the ocean and sea-kayak whenever we want. We can strap on sleeping bags and paddle to some distant island...but there's lots of orca's out there, I heard one dude saw an orca jumped out of water next to him...pretty for about 1.2 seconds until it landed on him. The sking is less than 60 miles away and Canada is 2 hours north. Katie and I made a run for the border about a month ago, we didn't have our passports on us and Canada let us in. I was worried the US wouldn't let us back in and we'd be stranded in the land where the beer froths frothier and the boots shag shaggier furriness.
But we managed to sneak back in the states.
We got 4 days of riding in, it was cold. Truck thermometer said -22 deg F driving up. Lots of powder, great for learning. Katie was lucky she didn't share the pain of most learning to ride. She only broke her thumb, but it unbroke and is a-ok now. She can turn healside and falling leaf. Now she must learn to turn toeside and finally link curves. I'm being good and following my happy docs orders, only greens and easy blues. But its nice to cruise blues, not as scary as steep black diamonds w/ point rocks or those rails.
So, when i can finally get out of my current job we'll drive to Mesa, and get all our stuff to fit in a trailer, my truck bed and Katies car. Then its a 1400 mile drive from Mesa to Tacoma. BTW, Napa is smack dab in the middle of that horrendous Cali drive....hint hint hint Tony.
Oh well, its quitting time and I wanna take Trouble to the doggie play park so he can annoy and bug other dogs like any cute little puppy.
It was at Pierce County just south of Seattle. I actually was superbummed because I didn't get the job I interviewed for, but they called me a few days later and said they had a new opening and wanted me to fill it vs them going through the rigarmorole of posting the opening. That county has Mt Ranier and Crystal Mountain in it. Crystal Mtn is as big as Breck but it gets an additional 130 inches of snow a year...sweet.
And as Katie and I violated one of my doctors orders by snowboarding...we didn't quite make it to Summit County. A sedan isn't too great on icy mountain roads, so since we were in the Denver area I bought a new truck. Yup, nothing better than buying a brand new truck when your changing jobs. But I figured out that a 12' Uhaul trailer is $300 one way from Mesa, AZ to Tacoma, WA and a 12' Uhaul truck costs $1500. So I bought a $28,000 truck to save $1,200.
I've been working for the Government too long. But its a 4WD 4 door Tundra with a 6' bed. 4.7 liter V8 w/ 300hp...i looked on line and it should have cost me $36,000...dealer must have thought Katie was pretty, he kept asking what color we wanted and ended cutting 8k off the price.
...Serenity comes out on DVD in 8 days...
I'm flying to Seattle and Portland next week for 3 more job interviews, I just did one phone interview and probably should schedule another one but I haven't gotten back to the dude yet. But not bad, 1 interview and one rejection and one offer. So now I have the power to ask for more money:)
But we'd rather be in Tacoma vs the insane citylife traffic of Seattle. We can live near the ocean and sea-kayak whenever we want. We can strap on sleeping bags and paddle to some distant island...but there's lots of orca's out there, I heard one dude saw an orca jumped out of water next to him...pretty for about 1.2 seconds until it landed on him. The sking is less than 60 miles away and Canada is 2 hours north. Katie and I made a run for the border about a month ago, we didn't have our passports on us and Canada let us in. I was worried the US wouldn't let us back in and we'd be stranded in the land where the beer froths frothier and the boots shag shaggier furriness.
But we managed to sneak back in the states.
We got 4 days of riding in, it was cold. Truck thermometer said -22 deg F driving up. Lots of powder, great for learning. Katie was lucky she didn't share the pain of most learning to ride. She only broke her thumb, but it unbroke and is a-ok now. She can turn healside and falling leaf. Now she must learn to turn toeside and finally link curves. I'm being good and following my happy docs orders, only greens and easy blues. But its nice to cruise blues, not as scary as steep black diamonds w/ point rocks or those rails.
So, when i can finally get out of my current job we'll drive to Mesa, and get all our stuff to fit in a trailer, my truck bed and Katies car. Then its a 1400 mile drive from Mesa to Tacoma. BTW, Napa is smack dab in the middle of that horrendous Cali drive....hint hint hint Tony.
Oh well, its quitting time and I wanna take Trouble to the doggie play park so he can annoy and bug other dogs like any cute little puppy.


1 Comments:
Yeah, yeah. You're all welcome to stay on the way up. Did you get my wedding gifts yet?
By
anthony fuego, at 2:33 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home