So tired
Uggg, I just got back in the office from a few days in the field. I was one of the chief organizers and cadre. We did a ton, each person shot a couple hundred blanks and live rounds, we drove HMMWVs and trained people on convoys, did GPS, barebase set-up and I was the Officer in Charge of the range...ugg, I had to be responsible for 40,000 live rounds, and all these sleep deprived people were shooting on full auto and 3 round burst. We did night firing with night vision goggles, they're kinda cool. You can see everything at night, the stars are super bright...but the warm green tint gives you a headache after a few hours. I haven't showered in a while, I smell like cordite and diesel fuel. Yuck.
I've been operating on about 3 hours of sleep a night...and now I'm in the office making sure all my projects are properly delegated while I'm gone for a few weeks. I just shot out a ton of emails and taskers. I'm so tired...i have a final docter appointement for my finger tommorrow at 1110, then i'm meeting some friends to go mountaineering this weekend. Then I fly to London on Monday to start a really really exciting trip. I'll get to see my parents, my brother and Katie. I haven't seen Katie in 4 months, my parents in 9 months and my brother in well over a year.
I don't think I'm going to hike/climb to the top of many mountains. I just may drive up the trailhead with some friends, then drag all my stuff 3 miles to the base camp...start a fire, cuddle up in my sleeping bag, crack open a book, crack open a beer and relax. I think mountaineering at 12,000-14,500' is too much work after the past few days. I dont want to tire myself out before my big vacation!
I've been operating on about 3 hours of sleep a night...and now I'm in the office making sure all my projects are properly delegated while I'm gone for a few weeks. I just shot out a ton of emails and taskers. I'm so tired...i have a final docter appointement for my finger tommorrow at 1110, then i'm meeting some friends to go mountaineering this weekend. Then I fly to London on Monday to start a really really exciting trip. I'll get to see my parents, my brother and Katie. I haven't seen Katie in 4 months, my parents in 9 months and my brother in well over a year.
I don't think I'm going to hike/climb to the top of many mountains. I just may drive up the trailhead with some friends, then drag all my stuff 3 miles to the base camp...start a fire, cuddle up in my sleeping bag, crack open a book, crack open a beer and relax. I think mountaineering at 12,000-14,500' is too much work after the past few days. I dont want to tire myself out before my big vacation!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home