from 42 Sierra X-Ray

Sunday, April 24, 2005

lazy weekends

It's Sunday afternoon and i decided not to take a nap. The past few weeks have been really tiring, skiing every weekend and soccer and running every other day. So, yesterday I slept in until 11am. Talked to Katie on the phone for a bit, then I rode my bike out to the park near here. It has a really sweet frisbee golf course. So I played frisbee golf with Jenn and Kris. It was a gorgeous afternoon, blue skies and temps in the mid 70s. After golf, Kris and I went over to the pool and lounged in the sun for a good 2 hours next to the pool. I think I'm finally turning brown again! I got rid of my ski goggle tan line too! But I guess laying in the sun made me sleepy, so I walked to my place and took a 4 hour nap until 730pm when a friend from college called. He's in town for some classes, so I met him and two other alumni from Georgia Tech and the four of us had dinner at a nice Vietnamese place. It was pretty nice getting back in touch with people I went to college with, but I'm still worried about him, He's here getting spun up to go to Iraq, he's a Emergency Ordinance Disposal Commander (a bomb technician that blows up IED's and mines before they can kill people)...so he'll be busy soon and he and his fellow technicians will need lotsa prayers. It's funny how people never worry about themselves, but always worry about their friends. I already have a future planned outside the military, but watching my friends getting ready to deploy makes me feel like I'm letting them down by separating, how much does one have to serve until they've done their duty? I've done alot more than many, but so little compared to others...oh well, I should share the experience. He mentioned that we haven't gone rockclimbing in over 5 years, since we were back in Atlanta, so we're going climbing next weekend. I got home pretty late and slept in until noon. I just lounged around the house watching PBS, there's nothing interesting on TV except the programs on PBS, i watched a special on Niagara Falls and a Rick Steves tours on Finland instead of Star Wars or golf...what does that say about me :p
I'm also making Jamaican Jerk Chicken like "Eat's" makes in Atlanta. I've marinated it for 2 days...because I forgot about it in the fridge, but it smells really good. The next two weeks are going to be really really crazy, I have a few projects that are finishing soon. But after that, it will calm down and I can focus on my main job versus all these side taskings. But I've rested this weekend and can focus on finishing these side jobs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home