from 42 Sierra X-Ray

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

been a while

I'm not in Jbad any more...I'm currently at one of the biggest bases in Iraq.
It's gotten much much smaller. Alots happened in a year.

I don't have a twitter account and I don't write a ton of comments on facebook.

It's been a rough year for Kate and me. I miss our babies terribly. I hate having to answer if we have children...I want to have a birth that is joyful instead of what happened.

Regardless, work is going well. I'm moved up a rank and my responsibility is different. I do miss the PRT, that was one of the most rewarding jobs ever. I'm halfway through my period between deployments. I have another doozie coming up for me and Kate, another year apart...and I'm spending that time together by going on short trips all around the world.
So it is.
I've been talking to lots of my peers, it's a busy time for us. It's hard being away from families but we are doing immense work, work that is valued and needs to be done. Occasionally people need to take a knee, take a breath, then stand back up and shoulder the load that we've be given. The spouses and families take the brunt...it's easy to leave, it's easy to be deployed, it's harder to be left behind. Families are the real soldiers, they are the ones who have the hardest jobs.

Thanks

1 Comments:

  • We love you and Kate and we know it is hard for you to be separated. We pray for you to be safe and to be able to deal with the separation and yet focus on your work. We are really sorry for all your loss with the wee ones and we grieve with you. We praise God for soldiers like you who make sacrifices to give us freedom and safety in the world. May God richly bless you.
    Love,
    Mom

    By Blogger Peggy, at 5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home