from 42 Sierra X-Ray

Sunday, June 01, 2008

acclimatizing?

It was gross hot today, so I tried to stay inside. I walked out of my office around 5pm to grab dinner, (inner monologue) "mnnnn, it's cooled down a ton; it feels quite nice outside, I should go for a run after dinner". As I walk to the dining hall I look at the thermometer on an exterior wall that's been placed so its always in the shade, "105 F"

I have no idea how hot it was earlier, someone said the upper 40's C

crazy, and it's not even the hottest part of the year. I guess Arizona won't feel so bad anymore

About 2 weeks ago I drank 3-20oz gatoraids and 8 - 16oz water bottles in the course of a 5 hour mission, I still was super dehydrated. I had a headache for the rest of that day...and the funny thing is...there's still snowcaps on top of the mountains.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home