Soup with a fork
I'm having lunch right now and discovering the suckiness of eating chicken noodle (the fancy grown up kind with chicken, carrot and penne) soup with a fork at my cubicle. The office kitchen is out of plastic spoons. One of the guys here is sore. We went snowboarding last night. Snoqualmie has opened up for nights. It was pretty, kids roasing around the propane faux campfire, pop/punk scratching its way across wet speakers, the chair lift accending the mountain and dispearing in to the snow. The pipe is only half built though...they haven't layed enough snow yet. They have tons of sweet boxes and very few rails...probably the liability. I found out why these little kids are fearless, they're hopped up on cans of mega caffine drinks and wearing bmx body armor underneath their baggy pants and jackets. I saw a kid do a full inverted front flip off a tabletop. The fog was bad though. You couldn't see more than 20 feet in front of you. I felt like shooting flaming arrows off the bow of my little chair boat so i would be able to distinguish solid ground from grey nothingness. It rained the day before so there was a nice crust of ice off the beaten paths. I got home to play WOW and realized it would take 4 hours to download a patch. I let it crunch away and went to bed. I just got Reece from the vet. He got neutered yesterday. While i was waiting to pick him up, a 3 foot high christmas tree randomly fell off their counter on its own accord with a loud crash, glass shards from the previously shiny blue ornaments and water splashed everywere. Some tinsle snagged on the desk and the tree was barely hanging on, the little white lights struggled, flickered, then went out. They put an elizabethan coller on Reece because he's a fastidious licker. But he's long and skinny and barely fits in his crate normally, so it took a good shove and a little squeak to fit him in with his collar on.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home