Shiny Seattle transit
Well, I must say I am pleasantly surprised by how fast the Seattle transit is. I live about 30 miles from downtown Seattle. I took a Tacoma bus to a transfer point, took an express bus to downtown Seattle, then took another bus to the Seattle office near the Space Needle. It only took a little over an hour. AND IT WAS FREE!!!
My office has a ton of these transit cards that allow you to ride any transit for free. Yesterday I tried taking the light rail and Sounder train to Seattle, but it swings way east to the suburbs/cities like Puyallup, Kent, Auburn and took almost two hours because of all the stops. Although trains are much more scenic and romantic, the express bus rocks. And it's faster than traffic, because its approaching gridlock at those peak hours. But it rocks. Oh yeah, I finally finished "Brave New World" on the train, wow, that's a good book. Reminds me of the French student protests. The last economist covered this topic quite well.

What shall the French do to maintain a comfortable level of stability?...job stability, social stability, financial stability, health stability...lets use the government to create programs that "help" people attain stability with mandatory retirement programs, health programs, labor programs...and in order to not offend anyone, you must not allow individualist acts that might offend others...like wearing Muslim head coverings or prayer in public school. In an effort to reduce individual offenses and smooth out the rough times in a persons life, the state can bring about conformity which I think becomes a state enforced "stability" which may evolve to a brave new world.
It has a brilliant twist that accelerates the plot/page-turning to breakneck speeds. You look how few pages are remaining and one gets disappointed because you realize it will end soon and ponder how Huxley will close the plot. And he does quickly, but I can't spoil it for Katie. The train gave me 3 hours to finish the book, but I couldn't put it down and wanted to read it again but I was home. I wanted to talk to Katie about it but she was yelling at me to stop talking so I wouldn't spoil it for her...Self-constraint is something I force myself to have but succeeded. I'm working on Cadillac Desert right now...It's about the history and current situation in the water wars in the west. They synopsis is LA and Vegas has sucked Mexico and the rest of the west dry. Rant rant rant...
My main office in Federal Way is a little harder to get to because there's no bus stops close to it, but I can take my bike on the buses and ride the 1.5 miles to my office if I wanted too. But my office has tons of parking, so it's more convenient to drive to my Federal Way office. But parking and traffic in Seattle sucks, so you should definitely take the transit system if you're in Seattle.
Also, the buses in downtown Seattle are free for everyone (no-one wants to walk more than two blocks because of the hills).
The gist is it's pretty brilliant.
http://www.soundtransit.org/riding/
http://transit.metrokc.gov/
My office has a ton of these transit cards that allow you to ride any transit for free. Yesterday I tried taking the light rail and Sounder train to Seattle, but it swings way east to the suburbs/cities like Puyallup, Kent, Auburn and took almost two hours because of all the stops. Although trains are much more scenic and romantic, the express bus rocks. And it's faster than traffic, because its approaching gridlock at those peak hours. But it rocks. Oh yeah, I finally finished "Brave New World" on the train, wow, that's a good book. Reminds me of the French student protests. The last economist covered this topic quite well.

What shall the French do to maintain a comfortable level of stability?...job stability, social stability, financial stability, health stability...lets use the government to create programs that "help" people attain stability with mandatory retirement programs, health programs, labor programs...and in order to not offend anyone, you must not allow individualist acts that might offend others...like wearing Muslim head coverings or prayer in public school. In an effort to reduce individual offenses and smooth out the rough times in a persons life, the state can bring about conformity which I think becomes a state enforced "stability" which may evolve to a brave new world.
It has a brilliant twist that accelerates the plot/page-turning to breakneck speeds. You look how few pages are remaining and one gets disappointed because you realize it will end soon and ponder how Huxley will close the plot. And he does quickly, but I can't spoil it for Katie. The train gave me 3 hours to finish the book, but I couldn't put it down and wanted to read it again but I was home. I wanted to talk to Katie about it but she was yelling at me to stop talking so I wouldn't spoil it for her...Self-constraint is something I force myself to have but succeeded. I'm working on Cadillac Desert right now...It's about the history and current situation in the water wars in the west. They synopsis is LA and Vegas has sucked Mexico and the rest of the west dry. Rant rant rant...
My main office in Federal Way is a little harder to get to because there's no bus stops close to it, but I can take my bike on the buses and ride the 1.5 miles to my office if I wanted too. But my office has tons of parking, so it's more convenient to drive to my Federal Way office. But parking and traffic in Seattle sucks, so you should definitely take the transit system if you're in Seattle.
Also, the buses in downtown Seattle are free for everyone (no-one wants to walk more than two blocks because of the hills).
The gist is it's pretty brilliant.
http://www.soundtransit.org/riding/
http://transit.metrokc.gov/


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home