Blessed oxycodone hydrochloride (oral CONCENTRATE solution)
Day 6.
I couldn't go to sleep until 5am, i have to wait 4 hours between doses. I took one after midnight, then decided to stay up and take it v.s. being woken up by pain. Its hard for me to sleep more than 2 hours in a row anyways, i've probably gotten 5 hours a day in 45 minute naps scattered thoughout the past week.
So i stayed up watching cable till 5, took a dose and crawled into bed. i felt nice and happy. About 830, the guys started mowing and blowing leaves right outside our window, it was loud, the dogs woke up and started crying.
I started to ache, by the time i got the dogs outside i felt like someone had taken two icepicks, jabbed in from my lower jaw to my ear and started griding my brain. My worst migraine X 3. And the icepick was growing and throbbing. i started getting nauseous, my whole body started hurting. It felt like i jumped off a big tabletop at breckenridge and hit a tree. I've only felt this intensity a few times, like when i broke ribs or got hit by a car, but the most of the pain would subside in a few heartbeats as dopamine and endorphins would course it away. Natural painkillers weren't doing anything, i pondered that this is what fibromyalgia is like. It was getting worse and worse, i was actually stumbling and sloppily groping around while trying to find my meds. I knocked the bottle onto the floor in a clumsy attempt to snatch it. I finally did. I put a good squirt under my tongue and felt almost instant relief...now i'm floaty and don't hurt at all. I feel happy.
The greatest thing is that this is the worst day i've had so far!!! I must be getting near the end. I've been told that there's two peaks in pain with this procedure, the first is 2-3 days after surgery when you scabs are forming, then 7-9 when they fall off and bleed. The second peaks is supposed to be the most painful. The little white scabs are falling off, so i'm healing quickly. That's exciting, I actually have enjoyed this week of convalescent time I've been given, Katie and I have been able to hang out consistently. I was actually given 3 weeks off...I may take the full amount of "recovery time" I've been allotted :)
oh yeah, Katies neverending nightmare with the New Jersey washer/dryer is...neverending.
I had to laugh when it happened last night, because she was so beyond pissed and frustrated with everything from her pain, to puppies crying, to me being a big whining baby, to not getting paid, to the house not selling, to her grant not getting funded...then our 2 week old washing machine broke and we both laughed about how ridiculous the situation is.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home